Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

+3
oceanna
fargo
islandgrl
7 posters

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats

fargo
    fargo

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 Empty Re: Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats

Post by fargo Fri May 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 Normal_D1954sz

Iris.
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 Empty Re: Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats

Post by sunnysideup Fri May 25, 2012 11:27 pm

I like your two trees and a stream, you must have had the camera on 'scene' setting ?
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Sat May 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi sunnysideup:

Thanks for your question. You may be surprised at my reply. You are probably thinking in terms of a digital camera and the 'scene' setting. So hold onto your hat here comes a surprise. The picture 'two trees and a stream' was taken with a film camera a few years ago, and scanned into my computer. The location is one of the parks in Scarborough. If I remember correctly, there is another somewhat similar picture that was taken very close by. I will look for it. I called it Three trees.

Where I have my pictures stored, people can view and comment on them, and one person said that that picture had a greenish cast, and I forget what else. But the reason is that I was using Fujichrome film, which seemed to be like that. No matter, in this picture it is appropriate I think, and thank you, you seem to think so too.

Last edited by fargo on Sat May 26, 2012 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Sat May 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 Normal_Proj4sz

Three trees. Thomson Memorial Park (Scarborough) Toronto ON.
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Sun May 27, 2012 12:17 am

fargo wrote:Hi sunnysideup:

--------------

Where I have my pictures stored, people can view and comment on them, and one person said that that picture had a greenish cast, and I forget what else. But the reason is that I was using Fujichrome film, which seemed to be like that. No matter, in this picture it is appropriate I think, and thank you, you seem to think so too.
    You are right, I did think that as the 'foliage' setting on a digital does give a green cast. Many thanks for the explanation... :)-
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Sun May 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi sunnysideup:

I am fascinated by peoples's names on here and their avatars (pictures). Up till now I haven't made any effort to talk to anyone on here because I thought my pictures would be enough. But I was wrong. Five pages and only names and pictures from half a dozen people. Not that they are not appreciated, because they really are. But they are all hiding behind masks. I don't really know anything about any of you except islandgrl, who has been around the longest.

So let me start with you, sunnysideup and your name= (will leave your avatar for another time). What are we talking about here, fried eggs? Myself I prefer them scrambled. To ride the range all day and herd the cattle, a man needs a good substantial breakfast. That's just my idea.

Or could it be like in the song- 'let us walk on the sunny side of the street'? We shall never know, you talk so little and then you are gone. But I am grateful for little things. But I believe your motto might be to walk on the sunny side of life.

Last edited by fargo on Mon May 28, 2012 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Sun May 27, 2012 10:53 pm

see you pms
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Mon May 28, 2012 1:53 am

Hi sunnysideup:

That was kind of you to post your Profile. But I have already seen it, so I am not any wiser, just a litle older.

I was glad to know that you were in Ontario.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Mon May 28, 2012 2:13 am

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 Normal_P1039sz

Among tall trees.
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Mon May 28, 2012 1:11 pm

That was kind of you to post your Profile. But I have already seen it, so I am not any wiser, just a litle older.

I was glad to know that you were in Ontario.

I pmd you and told you who I was, did you get it ?
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Mon May 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi sunnysideup:

Thank you now I remember talking to you on another Forum a long time ago. (I never go there anymore). So I did not recognize you with the red hair- hi!
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Mon May 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Dear Oceanna Willows Windwalker and others:

Please continue to be kind and friendly. I don't need to know everything about you. Sometimes I say the wrong thing and I am sorry.
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Tue May 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Fargo, I can't imagine that you ever say the wrong thing. You are always a gentleman and post such wonderful pictures for us all to enjoy.

I live a quiet life with my husband of many years in Nova Scotia.
    Drop in to the Hello thread when you have time, you will get to know us better there.

I hope you post more of your pictures and I really like the last one, Among Tall Trees.

sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Tue May 29, 2012 1:32 pm

Thank you now I remember talking to you on another Forum a long time ago. (I never go there anymore). So I did not recognize you with the red hair- hi!
    I'm blonde now cheers!
    Glad E Olah
    Glad E Olah
    Admin

Post by Glad E Olah Tue May 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Ok it is time I say something.

I think it is great to have a discussion about us but I believe a thread for that instead of pictures would be a better place so Fargo's pictures do not get side tracked.

Going to try to set up a conversation thread and move the last few posts to that.

Thanks fargo for bringing this up. It is a fantastic idea!
    Glad E Olah
    Glad E Olah
    Admin

Post by Glad E Olah Tue May 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Well on second thought I need more time to split this thread. Just overlook the above post for now. Conversation is great but I did not want Fargo's great pictures to fall on the wayside with chit chat. If Fargo doesn't mind we will leave it the way it is for now.

Your pictures are great Fargo and although I do not comment often I do look at them and enjoy them. Thank you for being part of SBR and posting the pictures.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Tue May 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi Glad E Olah:

This is the new talkative me. So I might ask you for which special occassion do you bring out the beautiful china, and are you a tea person?

My message where I am singing the 'blues' is the last one in Nr 5, and some of you may not have seen it. The fact is Glad E Olah that my time is marching on. I am so thankful for the many blessings that have come my way (our way, my dear wife and I celebrated 50 wonderful years together). And yes I do notice a certain slowing down of what I can accomplish, so just trying to make you aware of that.

I am not taking that many pictures these days, so I am trying to compensate with a little 'chatter' so that I don't get judged inactive. I have shown you the best that I have, and am wondering where to go from here. The kind comments of each of you are truly appreciated.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Tue May 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 Normal_OS635sz

The Laurentians in Quebec.
    Glad E Olah
    Glad E Olah
    Admin

Post by Glad E Olah Tue May 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Fargo I think I will add the words "& Friendly Chats" to the title of the thread. It is a great thread and popular too. I understand if you are running out of pictures....I know what you mean.

Now to the question you asked me about the cup. Well, as most know I have a love for flowers gladiolas as one of my favorites. Thus the name Glad E Olah. I also love coffee and hot tea and came across the cup with the glads on it and added the name to it. This avatar I use in various forums from time to time along with other favorite avatars as a change. If you click on the little globe in my siggy you can see what avatar I use at the place I am founder of. I have also used avatars that show my love for gardening too.

This Thursday would have been my anniversary to my late hubby (48 years). I am so happy you have your wife with you and have enjoyed 50 years together. That is something to be proud of these days when some marriages end within a few years after they begin.

Hubby was in the military in the USA and I made sure he had a flag on his tombstone for yesterday Memorial Day. As a matter of fact he always has a flag because that is what he wanted. I try to change them several times a year.

Hope you like the new title to your thread. You have done well with it and because of that many posters have replied. Thank you!
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Wed May 30, 2012 1:34 am

Hi Glad E Olah:

You have solved my problem with the new name. Thank you very much. Now I can still post pictures and play cowboy at the same time. Thank thank you for telling us about your china. It is so beautiful. Also about remembering your hubby. We all have lost special loved ones, but their memories will always be with us as long as we live.

I have a lot of pictures but they have just been thrown into the computer in no special order. So now that I am up to page 5, it is not possible to go back and check every picture to see if it has already been posted. So there are bound to be some repeats, if I use old pictures. It would be better to post newly taken pictures, to get around this problem.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:41 am

Hi Folks:

It looks like no one has noticed my new heading, or if they have, they have not made an effort to talk to me so far. We got our much needed rain and everything including the weeds are really growing fast.

Imagine June already. Time really flies. I heard on the news about the heat wave in India. I have never heard of temperatures that high. I am sorry for those poor people.
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Hello Fargo,
    We are having showers off and on today so can't do any weeding in our small gardens.

Tomorrow I will take my hubby for his cataract surgery and we will be gone most of the day as the hospital is about 80 miles away.
    Then on Thursday he has to go back for a check up with his doctor so for the next two days I will not be around the forum for very long.

The picture you posted of the Laurentians is very beautiful, such brilliant blue colour.

Enjoy the day.

fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi Oceanna:

Thanks for your message and kind comments about my picture. It is from an old Kodachrome, and is very old and has survived the test of time.

Wish your hubby a successful surgery. After my wife had her's done she was able to see much better.
    Windwalker
    Windwalker

Post by Windwalker Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Fantastic pictures. That last one makes me wish I was there to enjoy it in person.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 6 Normal_OS005ed

Calm reflection.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:27 pm