Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

+3
oceanna
fargo
islandgrl
7 posters

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats

fargo
    fargo

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 Empty Re: Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats

Post by fargo Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:15 am

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 Normal_D1562szS

Window box.
    islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 Empty Re: Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats

Post by islandgrl Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Fargo, your pictures are beautiful as ever. Thanks for posting.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:54 am

Hi islandgrl:

It has been such a long time since we spoke. I hope that you are well and still keeping busy with your garden (farm?). I will have to make an effort and find the discussions where you spend some time and talk to people so I can get an update on what you have been doing. Thank you for your kind remarks about my pictures.
    Windwalker
    Windwalker

Post by Windwalker Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:34 pm

That is one beautiful window box Fargo!
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 Normal_D178sz

Chrysanthemums.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:44 am

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 Normal_D192sz

Autumn leaves.
    Windwalker
    Windwalker

Post by Windwalker Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:54 pm

I love to see the Autumn Leaves.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 am

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 Normal_D188sz

The Pond.
    Windwalker
    Windwalker

Post by Windwalker Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:13 pm

If the water had been any calmer, it would have appeared like a mirror at that time. Great pic!
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:55 am

Hi Folks:

It is time to say hello as it has been a long time since I talked. It is November and much cooler weather is upon us. The juncos (small grey birds) have arrived and are feeding on the weed seeds in my back yard.

People familiar with Toronto will know what I mean when I say The Royal Winter Fair is on this week. It is like a Fall Fair on a grand scale. We used to enjoy going there when our children were small to see all of the exhibits.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:04 am

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 Normal_D1813szs

Sumacs close-up.
    Windwalker
    Windwalker

Post by Windwalker Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Those are really nice Fargo, love the colors.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi Folks:

It is the last day of November and the temperature has been below freezing all day here in Toronto ON. With cloudy skies and a chilly wind, what sort of a picture would be suitable to post for a day like that? That is the question, so let's see what I can find.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 Normal_D1611szS

Ice forming on the water.
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi Fargo, I have not been here for a long time but it is a pleasure to see your lovely picture.
    I hope you have been well and adjusting to the colder temperatures.

fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:33 am

Hi Oceanna:

Thank you for your visit and your comments. It is only lately that the temperature has gone below freezing here in Toronto ON. A parka and gloves feel good outside and a warm sweater inside, especially if I am downstairs where my computer is. We had our first taste of winter last night with freezing rain which turned to rain by morning.

It is nothing compared to the violent storms that you get down east. Hope that you and yours are keeping well. Happy Seasons Greeting to you and your family.
    Fargo
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:48 am

Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 Normal_D1846szs

Christmas decoration
    Windwalker
    Windwalker

Post by Windwalker Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:49 pm

NIce Shot! I love the touch of snow.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:16 am

Hi islandgrl and Friends:

I have some sad news to share with you. Today I was notified that the site where I upload my pictures was hacked, and I have lost all of my pictures. What this means is that where I had posted a picture, there is now a blank space.

My sincere thank you to islandgrl for having let me post pictures here. And to my loyal friends- Oceanna, Willows, Windwalker, Sunnysideup and Glad E Olah and others, I find it difficult to express my gratitude for your comments and friendship.

Will keep you informed as to what will happen now.

So close to Christmas, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happiness and Good Health in the coming New Year.
    Windwalker
    Windwalker

Post by Windwalker Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:42 am

Sorry to hear that Fargo, but hey, we will be around when you post new ones for us to enjoy. Hang in there.
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:08 am

Hi islandgrl:

I would like to talk to you about all the blank spaces where I had posted pictures. I would like to suggest that you delete the area where I had my pictures as there is no way to go back and re-insert my pictures, and I am just taking up your precious space. The loss of my pictures was an incident over which I had no control. To date I have not heard if the UK site is back in business.

As I said before I thank you very much for having given me the opportunity to show some of my pictures on here. I also treasure the friendships of the persons who were so kind as to talk to me. This is the way I see it, do you agree?
    Windwalker
    Windwalker

Post by Windwalker Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:59 am

Fargo, I know that I enjoy pictures very much, it always makes the interaction so much more interesting. Things happen beyond our control many times, I'm sure that the owner here understands as I do when they happen at my place.

I wouldn't worry about the space taken up. I look forward to seeing pictures if you post more.

Ron
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi Windwalker:

Ever since you started talking to me on here, I have been fascinated by your Avatar. I have had a lot of fun trying to figure out what it is. It looks like a candle in a glass globe sitting on a windowsill with a pretty sunset in the distance. Thanks for your kind remarks. I am looking at alternate ways to post pictures, but it is hard to recover from loosing 450 pictures.

In addition, your name 'Windwalker' has beeen equally fascinating and mystifying to me. I could visualize you as a lady taking a walk with a strong wind blowing, all bundled up with your scarf waving in the wind.

It is amazing what one's imagination can do on the Internet.
    Windwalker
    Windwalker

Post by Windwalker Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:22 pm

I found the Avatar years ago on the Internet and it contained no Explanation to it's meaning. I have often looked at it and tried to fathom one clear meaning but keep coming up with other interpretations each time.

It looks to be cradled in otherworldly spires of some type, or could they be some type of mystical fingers. The object appears to be a vessel, but does it contain time? A life force?, or a a candle flame that just resides within. Intriguing to say the least. I have never settled myself to one interpretation, so I feel akin to it.

My username of Windwalker I suppose, entails my fascination with Ancient Native American cultures, and the feeling of being everywhere that help is needed. I am settled in myself, but not adverse to being anywhere that life takes me. It is generic, in that it could be used by male or female, but I am male. :)

I have had wonderful friends make signature tags for me to describe what they see I suppose. These are two of my favorite.
    Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 Befc485cwindw2
    Fargo's Fotos & Friendly Chats - Page 8 Native17

Great sharing with you. Sorry about the loss of your collection online, it can happen in this Internet World at any moment, and it is always disheartening.

Ron
    fargo
    fargo

Post by fargo Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi Windwalker:

Thank you for your very interesting reply. If anything, you become more mystifying as you talk.

My son told me about the Flickr site where one can upload pictures so I have been busy practising with my old Kodachrome collection, some pictures going back 50 years. By nature I am an orderly person and like things neat and tidy. So I have yet to learn to upload pictures in an organized manner under appropriate headings..

I welcome you Windwalker and all others who may be interested, to have a look at what I have done so far under the name- much more1. Pls click on the URL below and then on Slide show and maximize. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91415110@N07/

Last edited by fargo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm