Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

+2
islandgrl
Willows
6 posters

American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows

wuzfuz
    wuzfuz

American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 Empty Dancing with the Stars

Post by wuzfuz Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:41 pm

For you fans of this program. Here's a short comment on the program in today's Toronto Star

C:\Users\RKC\Pictures\2010-11-21 Dancing with the stars\Dancing with the stars 001.jpg
    wuzfuz
    wuzfuz

American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 Empty Dancing with the stars

Post by wuzfuz Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:45 pm

wuzfuz wrote:For you fans of this program. Here's a short comment on the program in today's Toronto Star

C:\Users\RKC\Pictures\2010-11-21 Dancing with the stars\Dancing with the stars 001.jpg

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=UD2QxhI%2B123QOnDb6Q%2FEUYh4l5k2TGxc
    oceanna
    oceanna

American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 Empty Re: American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows

Post by oceanna Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Be sure to tune in tomorrow night and see who gets the most votes
    and becomes the winner!

Willows
    Willows

American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 3 Empty Re: American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows

Post by Willows Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:45 am

I was proud of Bristol tonight for facing up to the abusive comments that were hurled against her in the past week. Everything that she said, impressed me....and she danced so well tonight. (I think that I was dancing with her....encouraging her on...as I watched her performance). No...she won't win......Jennifer will...but she sure did give it her best shot! Then again...hmmmmm....maybe Kyle will win! We just have to stay tuned!

I've been following Blades on Ice and I taped tonights finale...which I haven't yet watched.....but I also taped the premiere of "Skating With The Stars"!.....
    I'll check those out tomorrow. Anyone else watching either of these?
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Willows, wouldn't it be a shock if Kyle wins tonight! Two of the judges
    gave him tens, but Bristol didn't get one. I think that was unfair.
    Some wonder why she is still there, but no one questions how come Kyle
    is still there. Like Bristol he has improved a lot but he certainly wasn't
    great for the first few weeks, so he must have a lot of fans and friends
    voting for him.
    I think Jennifer will win, but nothing is certain on that show!
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:52 pm

One of my favourite programs is over for another season.
    Jennifer, who had both acting and dancing experience was the winner
    as expected.
    Kyle was second runner up and was his usual happy, smiling self.
    Bristol was third runner up and showed both dignity and class.
    I think it turned out for the best, surely no one will resent Bristol
    for coming in third in the finals. I was happy that she made it to the
    finals and I hope there won't be anymore disparaging remarks made about her.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Oceannna...the results worked out perfectly!

Surely Jennifer deserved to be the Champ!

Kyle...with his expertice and his personality and the effort that he put forth...deserved to be where he was!

And my "sweetie" Bristol...
    She worked so hard against so many odds..and yet performed and accepted her defeats with such grace and class! I've overwhelmed with pride for her...regardless of the politics that surrounds her!

A great season.....and I too am disappointed that it's over...and I can't wait for the next one!
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:07 pm

Anyone watching the newly transformed American Idol without our favorite snootie guy...Simon Cowell?

I am...and I am quite enjoying Jennifer and Steven! I think that they are doing a great job...and in the 2 episodes that I watched....I didn't miss Simon at all!! Of course...there's the Dawwwwwwggg to hold it all together! It's going to be another worthwhile season...I think!
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:35 pm

Willows, I am watching Idol and I don't miss Simon either.

So far some good young talent has emerged, and some not very good,
    but it's entertaining.

I wasn't sure if I could get used to the new judges at first but I think
    they are feeling more comfortable and we'll see how the show goes tonight.

Windwalker
    Windwalker

Post by Windwalker Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:07 am

I tried watching it long time ago and got ill with the way Simon treated people and never watched it again.

Maybe now that they have changed up judges I will give it another view and see if I can get back into it.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Give it a try Windwalker! The past few shows have been hilarious and sensitive and very entertaining and Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez just get better and better and their interaction with Randy is fantastic! Yuppers.....I haven't been missing Simon one bit! Sure do hope that this threesome sticks around for a long time!

I agree Oceanna...there's some great talent there and it will be an exciting season...so Windwalker....check it out!
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Idol was uncomfortable to watch at times last night.
    The contestants were made to find people to form groups and sing together. It was very difficult for some to find a compatible group who wanted them.

They had very little time and practically no sleep as some practised most of the night. Many were eliminated because they didn't do well in a group, very sad for some.
    I'm hoping the show tonight will go better and with less tears.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:41 pm

I can't comment. I have never watched any of them. Did watch big brother once. Thought it was incredibly boring. I guess this makes me very eccentric or possibly a bit peculiar, doesn't it? :scratch: :scratch: lol!
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi Dawn, I am wondering if you get Coronation Street on your TV?
    I have watched it for many years and always try to take a half hour out of the early evening and follow it.

We have many repeated programs on TV here
    and American Idol and Dancing With the Stars are new each season so that's why I like to watch them.
    Tell us some of the programs that are on in your corner of the world, and which are your favourites.
    oceanna
    wuzfuz
    wuzfuz

Post by wuzfuz Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:43 pm

G'morning oceanna.

My wife has been watching Coronation Street for almost 30 years. She catches up with it on Sunday morning when our local CBC cable channel airs about 2 hours of the previous week's episodes.

Not happy at the way it has morphed from a homey, warm atmosphere into a dramatic soap opera.
    Sad
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:31 pm

wuzfuz wrote:G'morning oceanna.

My wife has been watching Coronation Street for almost 30 years. She catches up with it on Sunday morning when our local CBC cable channel airs about 2 hours of the previous week's episodes.

Not happy at the way it has morphed from a homey, warm atmosphere into a dramatic soap opera.
    Sad

I agree Wuzfuz, the storylines have changed a great deal over the last several years.
    I find the writers are not as good as in earlier years, but I guess they are trying to compete with other shows and that is too bad. The charm of Cornation Street in the olden days was that it was
    similar to the lives of everyday working people, without all the mayhem and sometimes violence they experience now.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:53 am

I am afraid I have to say I never watch soaps of any sort. What I do like is Time Team, a series of archeological weekends. I am completely addicted to that. I love historical documentaries, especially with professional academics guiding you through the history. I love a good murder mystery. I love Midsomer Murders, Waking the Dead, Silent Witness but only with Amanda Burton, and the best of all, Wire in the Blood.
    I love all the old British comedies, like Dad's Army and all that lot and As Time Goes By
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi Dawn, I like a good mystery too and I am a fan of As Time Goes By.
    Some of the shows you mentioned I have not seen on our channels, but I do watch programs on the History network and find some very interesting.
    wuzfuz
    wuzfuz

Post by wuzfuz Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:54 pm

Guess I'm an oddball. Never watch TV except for the news and Game Shows such as Jeopardy. :scratch:
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:27 pm

Sad Sad Sad

hmmmm.... guess I'll be watching American Idol all by my lonesome! Sad Sad Sad Sad Very Happy
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:02 pm

I will keep watching American Idol.
    They are now down to the best of the best.
    It's a little early to pick a favourite but there are two or three I like better than the others.

oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:13 pm

The new season of Dancing With the Stars
    starts next week and American Idol is
    still going strong with talented contestants. Two good programs to watch.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:04 am

I agree Oceanna...it's too early to pick a favorite in American Idol, but I have set a couple aside that I feel are better than the rest.
    Yeah!! Dancing With The Stars...a new season!!

I think it's going to be an interesting one!

For Country Music lovers...
    Scotty McCreery is fantastic and does a great job with his last song...
    Can I Trust You With My Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHi3ZLtZAHU
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:14 am

Another good night on American Idol last evening and tonight someone will sadly be eliminated.

Scotty McCreery is one of my favourites and I had to wonder how he'd do on a Motown song since he does traditional country, but he did not disappoint.
    He sang For Once In My Life, and did a great job.

I also like Paul MacDonald, great singer and is always smiling. Pia Toscano has an amazing talent with looks and class!
    All these young people deserve to win but it will come down to one.
    I have no idea at this point who it will be.

sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:35 pm

I missed it this week, I only knew two of the contestants and wanted to see Sugar Ray did... Oh well...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:03 pm