Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

+2
islandgrl
Willows
6 posters

American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows

Willows
    Willows

American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows Empty American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows

Post by Willows Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:09 am

What's everybody watching?

I'm hooked on Idol and Dancing With The Stars and I love reality shows..like The Bachelor, Big Brother, Survivor....etc.

I'm rooting for Crystal Bowersox on Idol. She is just fantastic in every way! Other than her, I have no special picks.

My favorites on Dancing With The Stars are Derek and Nicole...then Evan Lysachuk and his pro partner and I've been surprised at how well Pamela Anderson is doing! Not surprised that Jake got bumped this week. I don't think that he had that large a fan base after his final "act" on The Bachelor! Very Happy I was watching Survivor rather faithfully until Boston Rob was voted off, but I've lost interest since then and "conniving sneaky" Russell is just so aggravating!

Who are you "rooting" for if you are watching any of these shows?
    islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows Empty Re: American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows

Post by islandgrl Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:24 pm

Willows, I have never made it a habit to watch the reality shows. I think I watched Survivor a couple of times. Just don't have the time.
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows Empty Re: American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows

Post by sunnysideup Sat May 01, 2010 11:01 pm

The only reality show I watch now and then is Dancing With The Stars - I vote sometimes too Laughing
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Sat May 08, 2010 3:47 am

Awwww....Pamela was voted off this week. :pale:

She did a great job and she showed another side of her personality on Dancing With Stars which was more ladylike and I was impressed with her determination to succeed. I'll see her differently now, after watching her on that show.
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Sat May 08, 2010 3:49 pm

I watch Dancing with the Stars and think the winners will be either Nicole and Derek or Evan and Anna.

On Idol I like Casey James but those remaining are all very good.It's hard to predict but I wouldn't be surprised if Lee
    Dewyze is the last one standing.
    We'll just have to wait and see.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Thu May 13, 2010 5:03 am

Well Niecey is done. I thought that she should have gone before Pamela. I'm rooting for Nikole, but I also like the others so we'll just have to watch and see.

I was soooooooo happy that my gal Crystal will still be around for next week in American Idol!

The new Bachelorette begins on May 24th. Ally from the last "Bachelor" takes on the role of Bachelorette. I liked her at the beginning in "The Bachelor"...but then I thought that she became something of ...a "drama queen"...so it will be interesting to see what she does now.
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Mon May 24, 2010 10:54 pm

Dancing With the Stars is on later tonight.
    Only three contestants left.
    I will be watching for sure.

Who is your favourite to win?
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Wed May 26, 2010 5:39 am

Well Oceanna...

Derek and Nicole won! Rah! Rah!

They were my choice, but Evan and Anna were ever so great as well. I loved Erin and Maxim and thier interactions! What's going on between the two of those lovely people !!??....Those who watched...would have caught the announcement that Kate is beginning her new show "Kate + 8" on June 6th...and a new show in the fall...."A Twist Of Kate". Hmmmmmm... it will be interesting to see how that works out. Try as she may, she sure wasn't a dancer!.. I still got a kick out of Pamela, even in her last performance.

American Idol...Lee gave it his best shot...and he'll get a lot of votes from the young gals....and he's from Chicago, so he has the support of a huge city.....as opposed to Crystal's small community. He's terrific and deserves to go on to a music career......but still, my favorite is Crystal Bowersox who "blew my socks" off tonight with all three of her songs!!...especially...
    "Bobby McGee" and her beautiful rendition of "Up To The Mountain"!! I had goosebumps!! If she wins...her road ahead will be a difficult one for her, being a young Mom...I think...but she is so very talented!..I will certainly buy her CD!!.....and whatever the results...I wish them both the very best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGt5bjf31o4

I will miss Simon in the next season...but I hear that Paula is coming back. That would make it a cast of three female judges plus Randy.
    Somethings gotta give! One's got to go and one has to replace Simon....huh?

The Bachelorette...anyone??
    Watched it last night...and already the accusations are flying! Justin...the "Entertainment Wrestler" (a Canadian) is already suspected of being a phoney. Ally is giggling too much....I think, but maybe it's nervousness. Another Canadian...Craig (I think he's a lawyer), seems to have an aura of suspicion about him as well. And so....the silly intrigue and story builds............ Laughing

Whatever.......I love these Reality shows......and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens! Laughing

(P.S....I am absolutely not a "Soap Opera" fan...but these Reality Shows...are not too far removed.....are they? Laughing )
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Wed May 26, 2010 10:04 am

Nicole and Derek did so well, I'm glad they won, but Evan and Anna were also amazing to watch. They worked so hard and improved so much over the season.

The judges highly praised Crystal on Idol last night and I think she will be the winner but Lee is so good that I'm sure he will do well and have a singing career.

I will miss these programs over the summer as there's very little of interest on TV.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Sat May 29, 2010 3:46 am

Well Lee Dewyit won Idol! Awwww...too bad for Crystal, but I'll be watching the music stores for her music, because no doubt, she will be out there sooner or later. The top 10 will be on Larry King this coming Monday night, and they were on L. King tonight as well. They'll be appearing in Winnipeg, on tour. I sure would like to see them!

Crystal prepping.....
    http://bowersoxcrystal.com/

Ugh! what a talent!!

About Crystal....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Bowersox

She's my Idol!
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Is anyone here watching "America's Got Talent"? Howie Mandell has replaced David Hasselhoff as one of the judges, and of course there's Pearce Morgan and my favorite....Sharron Osborne.

It should be another fun season searching for the best.

I'm looking forward to the new season of Big Brother, beginning Thursday, July 8th. :cheers:
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Willows, I watched a bit of America's Got Talent. I like Howie Mandell but some of those
    acts were horrible. (just my opinion) Very Happy

I will watch the next program because there are some very talented people who audition.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:32 pm

There's always a bunch of "crazies" on AGT in the first few shows, until they start weeding them out, but there are some excellant acts as well. There was a young fellow on last night who played guitar and sang (He was the last act) and he was fantastic! I often skip some of the shows until there are the more serious acts remaining.
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:49 am

Willows, I did see the young man who played guitar and sang and he is very talented.
    I can't remember his name but will pay more attention next time he's on.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:17 am

I "Pvr'd"..the Bachelorette tonight and I've just finished watching it. Ugh!!!...it just gets cheezier and cheezier and I can't believe the gah-gahs that the guys are doling out! Why do I watch it?? Well it makes for a no-brainer, nonsense sort of entertainment and my blood pressure can't possibly rise while I sit back and giggle over the goings-on! Laughing
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:54 am

It's great to hear your opinions ..angello and everyone! :)

I'm afraid that I have more time on my hands than many of you and rather than watch violent shows or silly comedies or unbelievable ghostly, ghoulish shows....I find reality shows....more entertaining.

I also love watching sports (selective ones) and biographies and documentaries/and News on CNN and Fox.

What do you watch on television? Share your favorites with us and maybe we can join you in watching your favorite programs.
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:41 am

Hi Willows, One program that I have watched for many years is Coronation Street.

I find the writers aren't as good as they were in the past, or maybe times have changed
    so much that the writers are trying to keep up with changing lifestyles.

I don't watch a lot of TV but always try to catch the news and weather and as I said
    before I enjoyed Dancing With the Stars.
    islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

Post by islandgrl Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:01 am

Willows wrote:It's great to hear your opinions ..angello and everyone! :)

I'm afraid that I have more time on my hands than many of you and rather than watch violent shows or silly comedies or unbelievable ghostly, ghoulish shows....I find reality shows....more entertaining.

I also love watching sports (selective ones) and biographies and documentaries/and News on CNN and Fox.

What do you watch on television? Share your favorites with us and maybe we can join you in watching your favorite programs.

When I was younger, from high school to my late 20's, with time on my hands, I watched 3 soaps religiously. Then I got bored when I would watch all summer for the climax to an event and it never happened. So one day I switched it off and I have never been back.

I like documentaries, science shows and other educational programs. But now I don't watch at all and get my news from the internet or weekend newspaper.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Dancing With The Stars has an interesting lineup. I'm hoping that Bristol Palin holds her own and that she's not torn to shreds by the media and the viewers. David Hasslehoff (spelling????) will be a hoot!

I'll be back with the website and lineup......................................

So this is what I found at a quick glance....for those who are interested in Dancing With The Stars.....
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/slideshow/photos-dancing-stars-season-11-cast-announced-11517031

I can't wait! I love that show!
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 pm

I too hope Bristol Palin will do well, she'll be torn to shreds by the left anyway, so I'm surprised she is in this.
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:34 pm

I am looking forward to Dancing with the Stars too. Willows, thanks for the web site giving info on the contestants for this season. It is nice to know something about them before the show begins.
    After all the problems Bistol has had with the'boyfriend', I hope she does well and I hope there are no injuries for anyone this time around.

Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Well I sat on pins and needles last night hoping that Bristol didn't lose out! I had taped the results show and was watching it before midnight and they announced that she was safe....I shouted out a ..."YES"...and then realized that I might have disturbed my neighbours in my enthusiastic response of relief! Thank goodness that she wasn't the first to go because there would be no end to the desparaging comments that would have been rampant. I was sorry to see "The Huff" go. He would have added a comedic bunch of fun to the show. I was hoping that Margaret Cho would go (I don't like her vulgar humour) and her dance was as distasteful as her humour! The Jersey Shore guy "Situation" was touch and go..but he had only 5 days of practice but I can see potential in him.

I loved Florence Henderson's spunky fun at her age of 76??....and she looks so terrific and has the moves of gals 20 yrs. her junior! Also rooting for Michael Bolten...simply because he's always been one of my favorite singer................

And then there's Jennifer Grey! So emotional for her audience and herself....remembering Patrick Swayze and she danced so beautifully...as I knew she would and with a partner like Derek Huff(Hough??), how can one go wrong!! Personally, I miss her original nose! I loved her so much in "Dirty Dancing", but now she looks like a bit of a stranger!Sad
    Here's the song that they danced to.............."These Arms Of Mine"..........
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ctDNxZ-LGU

I got a "kick" out of Kyle Orlando...from "Cory In The House" with his rythmn and energy and fun approach to his dance.

Some of these dancers, including Kyle, are unfamiliar to me, but It will be nice to get to know them.

Rick Fox and Kurt Warner....did great!! Interesting to see how far they go.
    Sure will miss "The Huff"..but the show will go on.

Santana & Doutry (spelling?) were great...especially in the duo!

Come on....anyone watching Dancing With The Stars??? Give us your two-cents worth on the show!

Here's the website again, to refresh your memory..
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/slideshow/photos-dancing-stars-season-11-cast-announced-11517031
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:38 pm

I only watched bits of it as there was something else on we both wanted to watch and hubby won't watch Stars - we don't have a second TV...

I have to wonder about Jennifer Grey though, don't you think she has a 'leg up' on the others ( pun intended)? She does have dance training.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 am

Yup! I agree, Jennifer Grey does have a "leg up" on the others....not to mention that she's got Derek for a partner.
    I still have a soft spot for Bristol and I was glad that she made it through another week. She'll be a long ways off from the last few on the dance floor, but, I think that she needs a moral boost and the longer she stays...the better for her.
    I wasn't sorry to see Margaret go although I was touched by her emotions....which gave me a look at another side of her...other than her ever-so-off-color humour.
    The rest of the dancers are great. At this point...hmmmmm.....whom am I rooting for to win? Maybe Audrina and Tony.
    http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/about-the-show
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:01 pm

I didn't see it this week so am not up on it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 am