Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

+2
islandgrl
Willows
6 posters

American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows

Willows
    Willows

American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 Empty Re: American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows

Post by Willows Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Check it out...Sunnysideup! You're missing the fun!

"Situation" got voted out last week. It was hit and miss with Bristol...but thank goodness she hung in there. "Situation" was 'growing' on me! Coming from Jersey Shore....he is quite a sweet and decent guy!

Good Luck Bristol....hang in there as long as you can...just to say that you did it!

Jennifer and Derek will win...no doubt...and Derek has always been my favorite pro.....but shucks!!! how about Audrina...and some of the others?!!
    oceanna
    oceanna

American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows - Page 2 Empty Re: American Idol / Dancing With The Stars/ & Reality Shows

Post by oceanna Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:38 pm

Yes, Jennifer and Derek will likely win but I am hoping for Audrina and Tony.
    I am also glad Bristol hung on for another week and Florence has been doing so well.

I haven't missed a week yet and find it entertaining, but was disgusted at how Micheal Bolton was treated by Bruno, very rude and unnecessary.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm right with you with all of your opinions....Oceanna.....and if you check back...Audrina and Tony are my hopefuls. Of course, I want Derek and Jennifer to go on, because they are ...."Pros"...but next to the top-notch dancers...I'm rootin' for Bristol and keeping my fingers and my toes crossed for her....so that she can go as far as she can go and lift that cute little chin of hers up just a little bit!

Here's Michael Boulton.
    with Hallelujah......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCdwitFz4TY

goosebumps!! he show'd 'em! ...didn't he!!
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:10 pm

OMG....I thought for sure..after that "monkey" performance, that Bristol was ....finished! I felt so sorry for her during that performance. What the heck was Mark thinking of to choreograph a jive tune that was so incumbered by all that faux-fur and then the transition from monkey to jive was such a distraction for Bristol. At the very beginning, I thought..."uh-oh....Bristol...this will be your last night"...but then I got to thinking that she was put into a horrible position with her lack of theatrical training and novice dance experience..and who'd the heck could climb out of all that fur and fall perfectly into step and rythm!

The other couple, Kyle and Lacey....with lower marks than Bristol and Mark....made it through as well...., but who's the world yakking about????.....yah! yah!....Bristol!....just 'cuz' she's a Palen!

Florence Henderson, at her age of ...what is it...86??...was fantastic! If I could only be so nimble at 86!.....yet there was no doubt, that she was a bit of a wooden senior.....and she surely could not stand alone without the support of Corky. She was on my list for the bottom two after her last (and other) performance....and so she lost.

Yeah Bristol!!!!! you got through yet another week! I love watching you with your
    unpolished and yet beautiful charm! You can't compete with people who have been in show-business for years...or those who are trained in dance....but as a young gal...a young single mom...not even 20 yrs. of age...from a small city in Alaska and challenged with the controversy over the past two years....your performances warm my heart! You go Bristol!
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:16 pm

You are so right about Mark thinking up those monkey suits, what the heck made him do it?
    I'm pleased that Bristol has another chance and I hope she gets higher marks next time.

Florence Henderson is 76 and she did really well for her age, but I think a lot of young people get in on the voting and probably thought it was time for her to go.
    There is not a lot on TV that I like but I do enjoy watching that program.

Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Oh my!! :shock: ......... Florence..I've added 10 years to your great-looking body!! lol!

Maybe the reason for my thinking that Florence was in her 80's....was because I have a "bus-stop" friend, whom I meet on a regular basis. She lives in another building in the same apartment complex that I live in. Well.... we've chatted as peers...time and time again over the past few years, and just this past week, while waiting for our bus..., I learned that she was 20 years my senior!!. What a good lookin' and spry ol' gal...my bus-stop friend, Ollie...is! Who'd-a-thunk!!

So Florence was only 76!! :shock: Hey...I could do that!! Laughing Laughing Laughing .............for at least another 10 years!!
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Another exciting evening on DWTS last night, and tonight someone gets eliminated!

The judges were very hard on Jennifer and Derek, giving them a low score.
    They had high praise for Brandy and Maks, so at this point it's hard to say who
    will end up being the winner.
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:53 am

I actually watch it this week and was disappointed with the scoring for Jennifer and Derek, but was pleased to see Bristol Palin do so well. In fact, knowing she was a bit of an underdog, and having read some mean spirited comments about her elsewhere, I voted for her on line, all 7 votes, and also phoned in to give her 7 votes.

I'm pretty sure it'll come down to Jennifer Grey vs. Brandy, when that happens I'll vote for Jennifer. BTW - do you know if you go on line to vote you can vote again using a different email address !

wuzfuz
    wuzfuz

Post by wuzfuz Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:24 pm

sunnysideup wrote:I actually watch it this week and was disappointed with the scoring for Jennifer and Derek, but was pleased to see Bristol Palin do so well. In fact, knowing she was a bit of an underdog, and having read some mean spirited comments about her elsewhere, I voted for her on line, all 7 votes, and also phoned in to give her 7 votes.

I'm pretty sure it'll come down to Jennifer Grey vs. Brandy, when that happens I'll vote for Jennifer. BTW - do you know if you go on line to vote you can vote again using a different email address !

SOUNDS LIKE AFGHANISTAN TO ME :twisted:
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm pleased you voted for Jennifer Sunnyside. The judges were really mean to her
    and also to Audrina. I blame their remarks for getting her eliminated.
    Glad Bristol is still there and has improved so much.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 pm

I really felt sorry for Audrina and was sorry to see her go. Bristol was amazing with her Tango. She's trying so hard and what a treat that she got to repeat her dance on elimination night!

I think that Jennifer's past dance experience has turned the voters against her. Also, sometimes, overconfidence isn't necessarily a good thing.
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:52 pm

wuzfuz wrote:
    sunnysideup wrote:I actually watch it this week and was disappointed with the scoring for Jennifer and Derek, but was pleased to see Bristol Palin do so well. In fact, knowing she was a bit of an underdog, and having read some mean spirited comments about her elsewhere, I voted for her on line, all 7 votes, and also phoned in to give her 7 votes.

SOUNDS LIKE AFGHANISTAN TO ME :twisted:

Why - it's perfectly legit. They ask if someone else in your family wants to vote, so, hubby and the kids want to vote too ...
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Last night Rick and Cheryl were eliminated, even though the judges gave him
    high marks.
    They have all improved but I think it will be between Brandy and Maks and
    Jennifer and Derek. We will just have to watch and wait for the final outcome.

sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:42 pm

I was surprised at the jolly green giant's elimination, but I agree, the final will be between Jennifer and Brandy. Jennifer seems to be having some health problems, I remember at the beginning they talked about her cancer operation and some physical limitations. I sure hope she makes it through and wins.
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:05 am

It's Monday night, time for Dancing With the Stars again!
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:06 pm

.....and Bristol squeaked through again! :shock: Very Happy

I loved Brandy and Max's waltz on Monday night! So beautiful...but Carrie Ann was too tough!

I was sorry to see Theo Fleury and Jamie's 'battle' come to an end. I enjoyed their Sunday night's performance.
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Yes, Btistol is there for at least one more week. :cheers:

Kurt and Anna bit the dust, and judges lavished praise on Kyle and Lacey.
    Carrie Ann was rude to Max after their lovely waltz. Sometimes it's hard to
    figure out what goes on in the minds of those judges. Usually it's Bruno who is
    more critical and mean than necessary.
    Next week's show will be interesting!

Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:02 am

Yes Oceanna...I too am looking forward to next weeks show. Awwww...Bruno!! he's so dramatic!
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Yup, going to be interesting :)-

I hear there's talk about a same sex couple on DWTS, should bring them some publicity.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:36 am

The top 4 in Dancing With The Stars!! All were great! Jennifer...perfect and professional as usual....Brandy, I thought was sensational...especially in her tango.....Kyle...animated and in perfect timing as usual...although he seems to have only one set of facial expressions and attitude towards his piece of music,....and then there's my "pet" Bristol.... I thought that she did so well with both of her dances and her last dance was so poignant...that I almost shed a tear! Good job Bristol!...and she made it to the semi-finals. ............ but with the lowest score ......so next week may very well be her last ......but that's not too shabby, seeing how she's had absolutely no show-business nor entertainment experience.

Congratulations Bristol!
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:06 pm

I gave all my votes for Jennifer and Derek, as much as I like Kyle I didn't think he deserved a 10. I would have split the votes with Bristol but I feel at this point it's so close with Brandi and Jennifer I shouldn't split them.

Anyone else have a problem voting on line, I kept getting an error message about page not found, it took me ages to finally get to vote. Same with the phone, I couldn't get through for a bit, it was frustrating.
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:46 pm

I was surprised that Kyle and Lacey were given 58 points by the judges, one point more
    than Brandy and Max at 57! The judges seem to like Kyle's dancing immensely, however
    I think Brandy deserved a higher score.
    Jennifer and Derek were superb, and will likely win. Too bad Bristol's score was a low
    of 53 after she did so well on the waltz, it was mesmermizing to me.
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:24 am

I just came downstairs to turn off the computer and had to look at what people where saying, twitter is going nuts LOL

I have to say I don't think Kyle really deserved the high scores, he has a great personality and gives it all, but his partner was doing most of the dancing , I guess people preferred him over Brandy. Too bad, it should've been either Bristol or Kyle going home, so now Jennifer shouldn't have any trouble winning - hmmmm there is no way Kyle or Bristol could win over Jennifer - surely :suspect:

oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:59 am

I don't think Kyle deserved the high score the judges gave him. He seems very happy and likeable, but does not come across as a graceful ballroom dancer like a couple of the other men who were eliminated. I don't feel he is better than Bristol but the judges seem to think so. Anyway it is the viewers who count with their votes.
    I was surprised that Brandy was eliminated because I thought the winner would be either her or Jennifer. I certainly will be watching next week!
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:27 pm

I agree, Oceanna. Kyle is skilled and entertaining, but certainly not a polished and graceful dancer....and of the 4 ....definitly...the best were Jennifer and Brandy. It's too bad that Brandy was voted off..yet I am happy for Bristol. Yes, Sunnysideup, Bristol's waltz was mezmerizing to me as well. Carrie-Ann had said that she was "detached" at times from the mood of her dance. I didn't think so. I thought that she was totally engaged with the mood of the dance and being a non-professional entertainer, I thought that she was amazing. But nevertheless, Brandy and Jennifer should have been there to the end.

All the controversy over Bristol's success over Brandy, has tarnished her joy of going to the finals, I'm sure. That's sad. She had nothing to do with that decision. It's the rules and set-up of the competition that's at fault. I don't know how they can get around the decision as to who should win, regardless of popular votes....but maybe...the judges should have some sort of a final say in the decision.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:24 pm