Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

+3
oceanna
islandgrl
sunnysideup
7 posters

Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing

sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  Empty Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing

Post by sunnysideup Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:56 pm

We had a great time at the dinner/dance last night, actually it was a hoot. The men's club put this one on, so their rules right... well, I've bitched for a long time (just to friends) that there are too many line dances, they take up the whole freaking floor so no one else can dance. Not a problem when it actually is a line dance, but they do it to everything, even Mustang Sally, and Springstein's Pink Cadillac which to me is a sacrilege LOL and this particular couple play them very well, you can really boogie to them. Hubby says " they'd line dance to a f...ing police siren" ;D

Well, the men's club most be thinking the same thing 'cos they asked the group to limit the line dances - to 7... ( about 5 too many in my books) however, the group can't stop anyone from doing a line dance to whatever they play, and the gals do, so it really doesn't stop them. LOL However, I think they got the message, but the women's club will likely put on the next dance so there won't be the restrictions. I bet there'll be some fireworks over it, wish I could be a fly on the wall. Very Happy I have to say, I had a third glass of wine so I got a bit lippy about it ( too many line dances)

Sigh... of all the tragic happenings in the world, and I'm worried about too many line dances. Very Happy Very Happy
    islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing  Empty Re: Dinner and Dance and Line Dancing

Post by islandgrl Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:02 pm

LOL

I would love to learn how to line dance, just for the exercise and may be some fun in it. People pay, just to learn how to do it and here in my little town they are teaching it. You never know, one of these days I might be one of those people showing off my fancy steps. I will BMOB of wine. LOL

I was invited to an anniversary party last night but declined because I was supposed to go to Niagara Falls. Plans fell through there too so I stayed home.
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Islandgrl, Any kind of dancing is great exercise and fun.
    If you have the chance to take lessons in line dancing, I say go for it!

sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:22 am

It is fun, they do give lesson where we are, I especially like the cupid shuffle cos it's easy

It's not that I don't like it, but when they jump up and take over the floor for a lot of songs it gets a bit much. Guess the mens club thought so too, LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 am

You're a hoot......Sunnysideup!! Very Happy I had a great giggle over your original post!...and I'm still smiling as I type this! LOL!

I admire the line-dancers...but I don't know any of the steps. However...I do love to dance, and I can see it all now...lines and lines of dancers stretched across the floor as you try to two-step or fox-trot! .....grrr.... You're right Sunnysideup, LOL!!

Lee
    Lee

Post by Lee Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:58 am

At the risk of sounding wayyyyyy behind the times I have to ask "what Is Line dancing"

I used to remember back in high school we used to dance in several long lines, each one behind the other. Is this what we are talking about here. Retro dancing Very Happy Or something else???
    islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

Post by islandgrl Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:32 am

Lee I don't think it is retro. But take a look. I couldn't view it because I am dialup so couldn't watch but from the title it might give you an idea.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by islandgrl on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Glad E Olah
    Glad E Olah
    Admin

Post by Glad E Olah Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:48 am

Neat IG

I found this one that I like:

and boot scooting boogie
    toetapping
    toetapping

Post by toetapping Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:42 am

What a great article. I just gave up linedancing after 10 years of fun. It was great seeing the video clips bought back great memories.

These days they don't just linedance to country and western. We do the tango, waltz you name it we do it.

Great for your social life and great exercise. When I was doing it my bone density improved so much so there is another bonus.

Go for it girls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:33 am