Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
New season DWTS line-up EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
New season DWTS line-up EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
New season DWTS line-up EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
New season DWTS line-up EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
New season DWTS line-up EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
New season DWTS line-up EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
New season DWTS line-up EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
New season DWTS line-up EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
New season DWTS line-up EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
New season DWTS line-up EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
New season DWTS line-up EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
New season DWTS line-up EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
New season DWTS line-up EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
New season DWTS line-up EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
New season DWTS line-up EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
New season DWTS line-up EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
New season DWTS line-up EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
New season DWTS line-up EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
New season DWTS line-up EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
New season DWTS line-up EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
New season DWTS line-up EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
New season DWTS line-up EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
New season DWTS line-up EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
New season DWTS line-up EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
New season DWTS line-up EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

3 posters

New season DWTS line-up

oceanna
    oceanna

New season DWTS line-up Empty New season DWTS line-up

Post by oceanna Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:30 pm

Jack Wagner will be dancing with Anna Trebunskaya.

Jack is a soap star who is best known for his roles on General Hospital, Melrose Place and The Bold And The Beautiful. He is also known for being engaged to fellow Melrose Place star Heather Locklear.

Anna has been on the show for several seasons and last season partnered Carson Kressley.

Melissa Gilbert will be dancing with Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Oh come on, we all know Melissa was Laura Ingle on Little House On The Prairie! Since then she has been president of the Screen Actors Guild and starred in several TV movies, including Christmas In My Hometown, Safe Harbour and Thicker Than Water.

Maks is a DWTS veteran well known for his tough work ethic and not being shy to share his opinions. Last year he partnered Hope Solo so he will probably be tough on Melissa and expect a certain levbel of fitness.

Donald Driver will be dancing with Peta Murgatroyd.

Donald is an NFL player for the Green Bay Packers and, Super Bowl Champion so should be pretty fit. He is also the author of three children’s books. He also founded the Donald Driver Foundation, which helps ill children with unmanageable hospital bills, provides housing to the homeless and donates to various charities. So we love him already.

Peta got her start on the show as part of the DWTS troupe and was partnered with Metta World Peace last season. ‘nuff said?

William Levy will be dancing with Cheryl Burke.

William starred in the Jennifer Lopez music video I’m Into You and has been seen in Mi Vida Eres Tu, Pasion, Sortilegio and Triunfo del Amor. So are we saying he can dance already? Not sure!

We know Cheryl well as the show’s first two time champion, winning seasons two and three with Drew Lachey and Emmitt Smith, respectively. She also came pretty close to the glitter ball trophy when she was partnered with Rob Kardashian last year. These guys could be dynamite.

Sherri Shepard will be dancing with Val Chmerkovskiy.

Sherri has previously starred on the sitcom Less Than Perfect and the Lifetime sitcom Sherri. She also wrote a book, Permission Slips: Every Woman’s Guide To Giving Herself A Break. She can be seen daily as one of the hosts of The View.

Val danced with Elisabetta Canalis last season and is joining his brother on Dancing With The Stars for a second season.

Katherine Jenkins will be dancing with Mark Ballas.

Katherine is a classical crossover singer who hails from Wales in the UK. She has sold more than seven million albums since 2004. She has gone platinum several times, released eight albums and won two classical BRIT awards. She is has also been to Iraq and Afghanistan to entertain the troops and is a trustee for the British Forces Foundation.

Mark has had many famous celebrity dance partners previously, including Kim Kardashian and Bristol Palin. That season he danced with Kristin Cavallari. He has also won the glitter ball trophy twice, making him the third pro to win the show twice.

Gavin DeGraw will be dancing with Karina Smirnoff.

Gavin is a singer, best known for singing the One Tree Hill theme song I Don’t Want To Be.

Karina is the reigning champion of the show, having won with JR Martinez last season.

Martina Navratilova will be dancing with Tony Dovolani.

Martina is a tennis pro who was once said to be the “greatest singles, doubles and mixed doubles player that ever lived.” She won 18 Grand Slam singles titles, 31 Grand Slam Women’s doubles titles and ten Grand Slam mixed doubles titles. She also reached the Wimbledon singles final 12 times. She is also multiple ITF World Champion and WTA Player Of The Year.

Tony has been on DWTS since season two. He was previously paired with Stacy Keibler but in the past he has danced with Kate Gosselin, Audrina Patridge and Chynna Phillips.

Roshan Fegan will be dancing with Chelsie Hightower.

Roshan is a Disney Channel star who has been in the Camp Rock movies, Shake It up and Kickin’ It. He also has a Youtube show with DWTS alum Cody Linley, where they freestyle rap.

Chelsie was discovered after placing fourth on season four of So You Think You Can Dance. Since then, she has appeared on DWTS with Ty Murray, Louie Vito, Jake Pavelka, Michael Bolton and Romeo.

Maria Menounos will be dancing with Derek Hough.

Maria is an entertainment journalist who has done correspondent work for Today, Access Hollywood and most currently, Extra. She has also been on One Tree Hill, One on One and Entourage as an actress. She also founded Take Action Hollywood!, a charity that utilizes the power of the entertainment industry to promote positive social change.

Derek is the show’s only three time champion. He won with current DWTS co-host Brooke Burke, Nicole Scherzinger and Jennifer Grey. He also has been partnered with Jennie Garth, Shannon Elizabeth, Lil’ Kim, Joanna Krupa and last season came close to another win with Ricki Lake.

Jaleel White will be dancing with Kym Johnson.

Jaleel is best known for his iconic role of Steve Urkel on Family Matters but has since appeared on Grown Ups, Half and Half, Psych, Boston Legal and House, among others. He is also set to host the new Syfy Channel show Total Blackout this spring.

Kym is the fourth pro to win the show twice, once with Donny Osmond and once with Hines Ward. She was also partnered with Jerry Springer, David Hasselhoff and David Arquette, to name but a few

Tristan McManus will be dancing with Gladys Knight.

Gladys is a legend of a diva, also known as the Empress of Soul and of course for being part of Gladys Knight and The Pips. She has won various Grammys, a Hollywood Walk of Fame Star, an Essence Award and a Lifetime Achievement Award. She’s quite famous for hits such as That’s What Friends Are For, Midnight Train To Georgia and I Heard It Through The Grapevine.

http://celebritynewsandstyle.com/dancing-with-the-stars-2012-season-14-celebrity-lineup-revealed-112/

Willows
    Willows

New season DWTS line-up Empty Re: New season DWTS line-up

Post by Willows Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:33 am

I'm very much looking forward to the new season Oceanna!

Sherri Shepard from The View has been longing to be on the show for so long and so I will be rooting for her for starters!
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Willows, I'm looking forward to DWTS too, the 14th season begins on Monday March 19th.

I will be interested to see how Melissa Gilbert does. She is paired with Maksim and he's a tough teacher.

American Idol is good now as the top ten have been chosen plus three more picked by the judges.
    A couple that I liked are gone but that's the way it goes.

oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:48 pm

I am looking forward to the first show of the season on tonight.
    Anyone else enjoy Dancing with the Stars?
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:34 pm

I'll be watching it with you tonight Oceanna! Smiley-dance

P.S......follow-up...after the show......

Whew!...lots of talent in this group although many celebrities are unfamiliar to me!

It's going to be an exciting season !!
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:59 am

So glad you are watching Willows. The talent last night for the first show was amazing!

Maria Menounos and Derek started off the program with a bang and a score of 21.
    I thought wow how can anyone do better and get a higher score on the first night.

Was I wrong! I can't remember seeing such high scores at the beginning of the season, up to 26.

Many of the stars were unknown to me but I thought Katherine Jenkins, a classical singer, and Mark were just wonderful and received a score of 26.
    Mark has often been criticized by the judges for his choreography so I was happy he and his partner did so well.

Next week will be very interesting.
    Can the contestants maintain those high scores?
    We will have to wait and see.

wuzfuz
    wuzfuz

Post by wuzfuz Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:18 pm

AS an Old timer, I always thought in my teen age years in 40's, that tall blond Marilyn Maxwell and Yvonne De-Carlo were the best dancers.

Of course there was no TV or internet in those long ago years and you cold only see them in the movies

Smiley-dance

oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Two hours of good entertainment last night.
    High scores went to Roshan Fegan and Chelsie, and
    Katherine Jenkins and Mark, both receiving marks of 26.

I was hoping Melissa Gilbert and Maks would have a better score
    this week but they got a 20 the same as last week.

I have to admit my favourite is Katherine Jenkins and Mark so I'll be
    glued to the set tonight because someone will be eliminated!

Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:23 am

Well Sherri is really shakin' her bootie...and doing a great job, but I also like Katherine Jenkins and Maria Menounas....and hmmmmm.....I kinda' like William Levy as well! Love-Smiley Laughing
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:37 pm

On DWTS last night Melissa Gilbert was sent to hospital to be checked out moments after finishing the paso doble with partner Maks.

There was no word as to the nature of her injury.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20585645,00.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:13 am