Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

5 posters

She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please

Lee
    Lee

She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please Empty She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please

Post by Lee Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:32 am

I would like others opinion on something that recently happened and caused quite an upset. Maybe someone can offer suggestions.

I volunteer at a food bank and we do give out other things also to those that can use it. About a month ago someone donated a raggedy looking doll and I thought I could do something with her so she could be given away. Cleaned up and with newly sewn clothes the ladies could hardly believe it was the same doll.

With Christmas approaching I asked if anyone had any more dolls would they consider bringing them in and I would do the work. Myrna brought me in 6 dolls and I spent a considerable amount of time and some expense on them. Each doll had two outfits, complete with hats and undies. The clothes were beautiful, ribbons and lace galore and I knew that little girls would love to find them from Santa.

I had wrongly assumed I guess that when Myrna gave me the dolls that they were intended for our food bank. She had gotten the dolls for free from another charity. I had bought quality fabric and trim. Long story short, I had laid the dolls down on a table, and then noticed they were gone. Someone had seen Myrna put them under her coat. I approached her and she told me that she was bringing them to another charity. The charity that she was bringing them to does not "screen for need" they put stuff out for anyone to take.

She said that since she had brought in the dolls they were hers to do with as she wished. I was not happy, told her so and went to the heads of our organization to whine about it. The three of us agreed that we should just let it go, let her take the dolls, but that any future dolls would stay with us.

I scouted the local thrift shops, some of the ladies also brought in dolls so I was once again back at the sewing machine. And just a tip here, fabric softener works wonders on unruly doll's hair Very Happy

The next week I had completed more dolls, brought them in and put Sharon in charge. Sharon is a no nonsense lady that knows who deserves and I knew she would make sure of the dolls going to those that should get them. Myrna saw this and I refused to make eye contact. Myrna did not stick around, she hung up a few clothes and left abruptly.

Yesterday we got a message. Myrna is not coming back, she is saying that her health will not allow it. But we know the real reason.

I wonder if I should call her and attempt to get her to come back. She does have a good heart and it is usually in the right place.

Your thoughts please....lee
    Glad E Olah
    Glad E Olah
    Admin

She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please Empty Re: She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please

Post by Glad E Olah Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:24 am

This may be hard to swallow but.......Life is sometimes unfair. People sometimes are unfair. Things do have their way of working out. You updated the dolls out of the kindness of your heart. Hopefully they will end up in a young girl's dream of owning a doll. You did the best you could and what happens after the dolls leave your possession try not to worry. Unless you are wanting recognition for your work.
    islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please Empty Re: She Stole My Hard Work, Opinions Please

Post by islandgrl Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:23 am

After saying this:

"She does have a good heart and it is usually in the right place."

I think you should ask her to come back. If she doesn't want to, then let it go.
    Lee
    Lee

Post by Lee Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:31 am

Glad E Olah wrote: You did the best you could and what happens after the dolls leave your possession try not to worry. Unless you are wanting recognition for your work.

Glad, actually this was brought up, not by me, by someone else. This lady can and will take the credit. I don't care, I am at times a behind the scenes type of person. I can pretty much guarantee it, she is head of other groups, she is queen bee, others are the worker bees. Charity groups trade resources, this is why Myrna appears from time to time.

My main concern is that those dolls will just be picked up by someone that can afford to buy one by going to this other charity and paying a nominal sum.

Originally I was going to send the dolls overseas, I am with a group that sends kits over but my new neighbor stressed this was not something I should do. He is a new immigrant and was part of the management of a relief organization in his country. Apparently theft is rampant and he said without a doubt the dolls would be stolen and then sold to the richer people. He said they would command at least $25 a doll, quite an amount in his country, reason being that nothing like that is available over there. The things we find out!

Maybe I will give Myrna a call, I should inquire as to her health...wink But I do think it would be fair to say that if dolls are bought by me, or if they are brought in by ladies of our organization then they stay with us.....lee
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Wow, I consider that stealing, since you did the work on them with the expectation that your organization would be giving them out. I wouldn't bother calling her, who wants someone like that around. :)-
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:42 pm

Since she was seen putting them under her coat it seems she knew it was
    stealing. Ask her back if you wish but if she comes back, keep a close watch
    on her.

santa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:39 pm