Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
Mudcats EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
Mudcats EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
Mudcats EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
Mudcats EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
Mudcats EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
Mudcats EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
Mudcats EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
Mudcats EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
Mudcats EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
Mudcats EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
Mudcats EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
Mudcats EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
Mudcats EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
Mudcats EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
Mudcats EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
Mudcats EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
Mudcats EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
Mudcats EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
Mudcats EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
Mudcats EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
Mudcats EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
Mudcats EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
Mudcats EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
Mudcats EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
Mudcats EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

5 posters

Mudcats

islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

Mudcats Empty Mudcats

Post by islandgrl Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Mudcats - A new word I learned last week. There is a reality show with that name and it is all about fishing for these giant catfish in rivers, with bare hands. There is no way I would be putting my hands in a hole for a giant catfish to latch on. These fish can weigh 100 lbs or more.

They give tours to whoever wants the experience. When I watched, about 8 city slickers got their chance to try and catch the biggest one. It is rather funny. Ladies wearing high heels soon learn they have to don other suitable apparrel.

These waters are also infested by poisonous snakes but the big scare is putting a hand under a big rock to be bitten by something big or/and bad, then having to wrestle it out to get what's left of your hand.

It's like monsters in attack mode. One lady got a black eye from a flying fish.

As well as I can recall, the biggest fish I ever caught was about 5 or 6 inches. But you should have seen the one that got away. Very Happy
    Anonymous

Mudcats Empty Re: Mudcats

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:45 pm

I did that kind of fishing in Texas when I was young. It was called noodling, don't know why.

Another kind of fishing we did was to stick our arm down a crawdad hole until our fingers touched water, then wiggle them until a big crawdad grabbed onto them, grab him with our hand and pull him out of his hole. Has to be done around the shore of a lake or bayou where the water level is close to the surface. The last time I did it my friend brought a moccasin out. I haven't had a desire hole fishing for crawdads since.

Last edited by natstew on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:40 pm

I always loved fishing but never would I put my hand anywhere there might be a snake, poisonous or not.

I guess some folks like to live dangerously! Laughing

islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

Post by islandgrl Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:33 am

Here in Canada everyone has to get a license for every type of fishing and every type of fish. I like speckled trout and pickerel.

I think noodling is when you stick a hand in a hole under water and wave it around. When the fish grabs your hand you in turn grab him in the mouth and pull him out if you can.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:58 pm

islandgrl wrote:Here in Canada everyone has to get a license for every type of fishing and every type of fish. I like speckled trout and pickerel.

I think noodling is when you stick a hand in a hole under water and wave it around. When the fish grabs your hand you in turn grab him in the mouth and pull him out if you can.

Yeah, sorta like that, under logs, in holes, under rock ledges, anywhere a fish can hide.
    When I was young and had something to prove I did a lot of foolish things. Now I don't care what others think so I just do my thing and enoy life.
    Glad E Olah
    Glad E Olah
    Admin

Post by Glad E Olah Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:36 am

In Missouri if you are disabled or over 65 fishing license is not required. (Unless it has been changed since 7 years ago) Not sure about the hunting license.

My late hubby was disabled the last 6 years of his life and he had to purchase a license to hunt. Fishing no but I have not kept up in the last 7 years so do not know if the laws have changed or not.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:02 am

Natstew....I'm sure that I saw a new TV show about 'Noodling"...

I'll keep an eye out for it and post it here if I see it.

My late hubby was an outdoors man but fishing in my area is different, I think...but what do I know, because, a fisher-lady I am not. Enjoy your catches natstew!
    Lee
    Lee

Post by Lee Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:02 am

Here in Ontario you do not need a fishing license if you are over 65 so hubby does not have to pay for his fishing. One of the senior perks.

I bought a license last year as I am still underage Laughing but I never made use of it.

He fishes practically dawn to dusk for bass and the occasional pickerel. We gals stay on dry land and drink our after dinner wine. Truly women are smarter than men Very Happy
    islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

Post by islandgrl Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:02 pm

If what you say is correct about fishing license Lee, my hubby has been throwing money away buying one. I am patiently waiting for age 65 so I can again catch the one that got away. Very Happy

For now I will stay on dry land with the girls.

Good noodling everyone.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:45 am

I'm enjoying you chit-chat everyone, although I know nothing about fishing!

Great Topic for all of you who do enjoy fishing! :Cheerleader

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:41 pm