Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
The word UP EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
The word UP EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
The word UP EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
The word UP EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
The word UP EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
The word UP EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
The word UP EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
The word UP EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
The word UP EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
The word UP EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
The word UP EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
The word UP EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
The word UP EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
The word UP EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
The word UP EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
The word UP EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
The word UP EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
The word UP EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
The word UP EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
The word UP EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
The word UP EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
The word UP EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
The word UP EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
The word UP EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
The word UP EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

3 posters

The word UP

Willows
    Willows

The word UP Empty The word UP

Post by Willows Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:58 pm

I'm sure you will enjoy this. Here is one word in the English language that can be a noun, verb, adj, adv, prep.

UP
    Read until the end ... you'll laugh.

This two-letter word in English has more meanings than any other two-letter word, and that word is ' UP .' It is listed in the dictionary as an [adv], [prep], [adj], [n] or [v].

It's easy to understand UP , meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list, but when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake UP ?

At a meeting, why does a topic come UP ? Why do we speak UP , and why are the officers UP for election and why is it UP to the secretary to write UP a report? We call UP our friends, brighten UP a room, polish UP the silver, warm UP the leftovers and clean UP the kitchen. We lock UP the house and fix UP the old car.

At other times, this little word has real special meaning.
    People stir UP trouble, line UP for tickets, work UP an appetite, and think UP excuses.

To be dressed is one thing but to be dressed UP is special.

And this UP is confusing: A drain must be opened UP because it is stopped UP.

We open UP a store in the morning but we close it UP at night. We seem to be pretty mixed UP about UP !

To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP , look UP the word UP in the dictionary. In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes UP almost 1/4 of the page
    and can add UP to about thirty definitions.

If you are UP to it, you might try building UP a list of the many ways UP is used. It will take UP a lot of your time, but if you don't give UP , you may wind UP with a hundred or more.
    When it threatens to rain, we say it is clouding UP . When the sun comes out, we say it is clearing UP . When it rains, it soaks UP the earth. When it does not rain for awhile, things dry UP . One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it UP , for now . . . my time is UP !
    Oh . . . one more thing: What is the first thing you do in the morning and the last thing you do at night?
    U

P !

Did that one crack you UP ?

wuzfuz
    wuzfuz

The word UP Empty Re: The word UP

Post by wuzfuz Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:39 am

Willows wrote:I'm sure you will enjoy this. Here is one word in the English language that can be a noun, verb, adj, adv, prep.

UP
    Read until the end ... you'll laugh.

This two-letter word in English has more meanings than any other two-letter word, and that word is ' UP .' It is listed in the dictionary as an [adv], [prep], [adj], [n] or [v].

It's easy to understand UP , meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list, but when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake UP ?

At a meeting, why does a topic come UP ? Why do we speak UP , and why are the officers UP for election and why is it UP to the secretary to write UP a report? We call UP our friends, brighten UP a room, polish UP the silver, warm UP the leftovers and clean UP the kitchen. We lock UP the house and fix UP the old car.

At other times, this little word has real special meaning.
    People stir UP trouble, line UP for tickets, work UP an appetite, and think UP excuses.

To be dressed is one thing but to be dressed UP is special.

And this UP is confusing: A drain must be opened UP because it is stopped UP.

We open UP a store in the morning but we close it UP at night. We seem to be pretty mixed UP about UP !

To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP , look UP the word UP in the dictionary. In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes UP almost 1/4 of the page
    and can add UP to about thirty definitions.

If you are UP to it, you might try building UP a list of the many ways UP is used. It will take UP a lot of your time, but if you don't give UP , you may wind UP with a hundred or more.
    When it threatens to rain, we say it is clouding UP . When the sun comes out, we say it is clearing UP . When it rains, it soaks UP the earth. When it does not rain for awhile, things dry UP . One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it UP , for now . . . my time is UP !
    Oh . . . one more thing: What is the first thing you do in the morning and the last thing you do at night?
    U

P !

Did that one crack you UP ?

Sure woke me UP willows and I looked it UP in the dictionary and got fed UP before looked them all UP.

So now I am getting UP instead of sitting DOWN. Please don't get me mixed UP again or my brain will melt DOWN

BTW. You sure get UP to speed on the forums early in the morning. What time do you get UP? UP THE WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS!! GirlCheerleading

gaah.gif Laughing

Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:26 am

Wuzfuz wrote......

"Sure woke me UP willows and I looked it UP in the dictionary and got fed UP before looked them all UP.

So now I am getting UP instead of sitting DOWN. Please don't get me mixed UP again or my brain will melt DOWN

BTW. You sure get UP to speed on the forums early in the morning. What time do you get UP? UP THE WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS!! "

LOL Wuzfuz!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well at least I "UPPED" your bottom...and got ya' UP! Yup....I do get UP in the wee hours of the morning! I'm very much a "night-owl"....and I come alive when the night is ddaaaaarrrkkkkk and owls are hooting! Don't even think of speaking to me in the morning! I growl and my claws come out! Laughing Sounds like I'm a "Halloween" type ol' gal...doesn't it!! Yet I don't like Halloween and all the witchy ghoulish goings on!

Sure do wish that I lift your spirits UP with my silliness! Re the "swaggering BLUE BOMBERS" and our treasured WINNIPEG JETS....nawhhhhh.....they are not UP!! But we're not DOWN because they are not UP!! We 'Peggers keep the faith!! LOL!! They will be UP sooner or later! Laughing :Cheerleaders

sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Reminds me of Churchill's "this is the kind of tedious nonsense up with which I will not put" Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:28 pm