Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
Why Didn't I think Of That? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

3 posters

Why Didn't I think Of That?

islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

Why Didn't I think Of That? Empty Why Didn't I think Of That?

Post by islandgrl Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Some could have been millionaires, billionaires, but didn't. Find out if you could have by clicking through the pictures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Willows
    Willows

Why Didn't I think Of That? Empty Re: Why Didn't I think Of That?

Post by Willows Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:02 am

I still haven't gone through the website thoroughly, Islandgrl......but in any of these ventures....it takes money....to make money! Many of us have great inventive ideas, but by the time that the invention and patent come to pass, it's more than many of us can afford, and so our bright ideas ...lay dormant within our minds.
    It's too bad that there wasn't a simpler way of contributing our ideas and somehow, being compensated for them.
    As I said, I stll haven't gone through the website, but I think that I have the jist of it.
    Some have success without the red-tape....but that's a rare thing, I think.
    Mostly....being in the right place at the right time..or having the backing to support one's idea is the road to success...hmmmm????
    Willows
    Willows

Why Didn't I think Of That? Empty Barbie Doll Accesories

Post by Willows Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:45 pm

In the past couple of weeks while I was somewhat under-the-weather...I've been creating outfits for my granddaughter's Barbie dolls. I have 5 dolls with many Barbie clothes for her at my place, and she loves to mix and match the clothing from her Barbie Box. I've crocheted a few items for her Barbies in the past, but it wasn't until recently...she now being 8...and coming 9 years of age, that she really seemed to appreciate them.
    So one day she said to me, shyly and unexpectentaly..."Grams, could you make me more outfits for my Barbies?" (She is such an undemanding child! ❤ ) Well my heart melted, and I "went to town" and crocheted brand new outfits for all five of her Barbies plus an additional couple of outfits. The "outfits"...included dresses, sweaters, coats, jackets, shrugs, belts, hats, booties......all embellished with trims to make my granddaughter smile! I love to design when I'm crocheting so I did not follow any pattern, although I did keep notes, in the event that I would want to adapt or or redo any of the designs.

Now...I'm creating accessories. Shoes!! ugh!! ...but I have crocheted some tiny leg warmers and long socks. Nowhere are those jazzy Gladiator shoes to be found...let alone shoes...period! So I've given up on that! Hmmmm..Christmas will bring me many options for Barbie footwear.....at almost the price that I would pay for my size 8's!(Canadian...that is)

Well tonight, I made my little darling........ Barbies hair bands.

One band has "teeth" like most hair bands do. The base of that band, was the rim that sits below the cap of a bottle of water. Snip that rim off and then snip the "teeth" to a shorter length so that they don't entangle themselves in Barbie's hair too much. Then remove about 1/8" of the circumference. Then decorate the rim to your heart's content!
    The other bands..........
    I horizontally sliced a film cannister into different widths for different widths of hair bands. Then I applied glitter nailpolish to both sides of each band. (I used nail polish, because acrylic paint does not adhere to plastic.. (you can use an oil based paint...such as model paint). Then I applied different trims to the outside of the bands...eg.....pre-strung beads...braid...ribbon..etc.... So pretty and they fit just right!
    I used the cap of the film cannister, cutting out the outer rim which includes an inner rim, (making it firmer)...and I single crocheted over the rim and wove in the ends to prepare a band for ....ear-muffs. Then I crocheted two "muffy-shaped" pieces for the "muffs" and attached them to the end of the band. Cute as can be...and of course, they match the cozy boucle winter coat that I crocheted.

My granddaughter hasn't seen my "designer collection" yet, because she's been so busy preparing for school and travelling to Grand Forks for her school wardrobe...but I will have my camera ready for when she first sees her Barbie Fashion Show.

Here is when I really could use a digital camera. ....so that I could photograph the dolls perched smartly on my Granddaughter's "Barbie Box" and then show them to you. Duhhhh... I'm still using my 35 mm.. Thus my "film cannisters" ...lol!

Glad E Olah
    Glad E Olah
    Admin

Post by Glad E Olah Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:31 pm

Interesting thread.

I didn't realize bubble gum had so much sugar in it.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Huhhhh? :silent:

Gladdy.....I don't understand your response. :oops:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:28 am