Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

2 posters

Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages

Willows
    Willows

Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages Empty Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages

Post by Willows Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:49 am

How do you all entertain and interact with your Grand-Children?

Here's a place to share and exchange your activities and crafts and outings with your little ones or teenage grandchildren or even........ with your grown-up grand-children! It's easier to connect with the young..but it becomes more challenging with our teens and young adults.

Share your ideas for creative activities that would inspire a closer connection with our grandchildren (as well as our children)!

So ....what's the "hottest" and "most fun" thing that you've recently done with your Grandchildren?........

Come on....tell us all about it!

Anonymous

Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages Empty Re: Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Here is some things that we have done regarding our oldest grandson who is 14. He's been particularly interested in military history for some time so.... over the last year we've bought him some historical non fiction books and DVDs and taken him sighteseeing at a couple of forts in our region where he was able to watch parades and other renactments, interact with the demonstrators, etc. After that we visited a few army surplus/antique stores where he purchased some old helmets and other apparel to add to his collection. He seems to have really enjoyed these outings together with us and said he is considering becoming a History teacher one day.
    islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages Empty Re: Grandchildren / Grandparents....Connection Corner....for all ages

Post by islandgrl Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:03 am

There was so much today. For a 2 1/2 year old, everything is interesting to him. I don't know where to start.

Exploring nature mostly which is a great teacher. Off to the library and to the park to see the rapids today.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:51 pm

I have a huge crafting closet...8' x 10' x 2'.

All of the "stuff"...neatly organized and labelled within....I've been saving and working with for many years. I've lost interest in much of my crafting and I find it to be a useless way to fill my liesure time because hand-crafted items are not popular these days. It will all come around again with another generation, I'm sure! For now...I must part with my cherished crafting supplies. My Granddaughter is a crafter, like I am, but Daddy and Mommy have a lovely home with no clutter. My darling Granddaughter and I have a "craft-fest" every time that she visits me and so we have a lot of fun. However, my Granddaughter is turning 10 in the early New Year...and today's "tweens" have such different interests.

Sooooooooo........

Here's my plan!

I've checked the internet and the Yellow Pages....and I've come upon a place to donate my stash of craft supplies, once I've sorted and minimized them.

Here in Winnipeg, MB.......

I plan to donate my unused crafting supplies to Arts Junction. It's a place where people can express their creativity with little or no cost to them.

That will make me happy and satisfy my creativity in my not so creative years!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:36 pm