Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
I believe EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
I believe EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
I believe EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
I believe EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
I believe EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
I believe EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
I believe EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
I believe EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
I believe EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
I believe EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
I believe EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
I believe EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
I believe EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
I believe EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
I believe EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
I believe EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
I believe EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
I believe EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
I believe EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
I believe EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
I believe EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
I believe EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
I believe EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
I believe EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
I believe EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

5 posters

I believe

daffyd
    daffyd

I believe Empty I believe

Post by daffyd Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:16 pm

A blend of good lyrics,music and visuals......

http://www.andiesisle.com/creation/magnificent.html
    daffyd
    daffyd

I believe Empty Re: I believe

Post by daffyd Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:24 pm

Hey! It's winter....

You know, time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years.
    It seems just yesterday that I was young, just married and embarking on my new life with my mate.
    And yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went. I know that I lived them all...
    And I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams...

But, here it is... The winter of my life and it catches me by surprise... How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go?
    I remember well...seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and that winter was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like...

But, here it is...my friends are retired and getting gray...they move slower and I see an older person now. Some are in better and some worse shape than me... But, I see the great change...
    Not like the ones that I remember who were young and vibrant... But, like me, their age is beginning to show and we are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we'd be.

Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a real target for the day! And taking a nap is not a treat anymore...it's mandatory!
    Cause if I don't on my own free will..I just fall asleep where I sit!
    And so, now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and do things that I wish I had done but never did!!

But, at least I know, that though the winter has come, and I'm not sure how long it will last...this I know, that when it's over...its over....Yes , I have regrets. There are things I wish I hadn't done ... Things I should have done, but indeed, there are many things I'm happy to have done. It's all in a lifetime....

So, if you're not in your winter yet...let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly! Don't put things off too long!! Life goes by quickly. So, do what you can today, as you can never be sure whether this is your winter or not!
    You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life..so, live for good today ... And ...
    Say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember...
    And hope that they appreciate and love you, for all the things that you have done for them in all the years past!!

'Life is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
    Make it a fantastic one.'
    LIVE IT WELL!!----ENJOY TODAY!!!!-----DO SOMETHING FUN!!!----
    BE HAPPY!!!----BE THANKFUL!!!!!

lol!

islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

Post by islandgrl Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:25 am

Yeppers, it is Winter and the years are all too short now. Very Happy

So I will all those things. Live it, love it, etc. lol!
    oceanna
    oceanna

Post by oceanna Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:22 pm

I enjoyed reading your post Daffy, and it is winter for me.
    I well remember the November day when I got married many years
    ago. It was a cold sunny day, much like today and how the years
    have flown by.
    I am able to enjoy life and activities and try to make the most of each
    day. Great advice you gave. Be Happy and Thankful.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:05 pm

And......so therein lies the truth....

We are in the winter of our lives...though I'm struggling to admit it!...It's just too depressing...except for the restful part! Spurts of joys rejuvinate me...and rather than wait for them...I am going to seek them! Heck!...at the age of 67....I'm a long way from dead!.....I hope!! Heaven's-to-Betsy.....people are just beginning new phases of their political and other careers at this well experienced and respected age!

Yuppers....I'm in the 'winter of my life'......but I'm not allowing that danged winter to take hold! Very Happy

BTW....a very well written...'Hey..It`s Winter'
    Is that another of your fantastic writings Daffyd?
    Glad E Olah
    Glad E Olah
    Admin

Post by Glad E Olah Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:42 pm

daffyd wrote:Hey! It's winter....

You know, time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years.
    It seems just yesterday that I was young, just married and embarking on my new life with my mate.
    And yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went. I know that I lived them all...
    And I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams...

But, here it is... The winter of my life and it catches me by surprise... How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go?
    I remember well...seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and that winter was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like...

But, here it is...my friends are retired and getting gray...they move slower and I see an older person now. Some are in better and some worse shape than me... But, I see the great change...
    Not like the ones that I remember who were young and vibrant... But, like me, their age is beginning to show and we are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we'd be.

Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a real target for the day! And taking a nap is not a treat anymore...it's mandatory!
    Cause if I don't on my own free will..I just fall asleep where I sit!
    And so, now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and do things that I wish I had done but never did!!

But, at least I know, that though the winter has come, and I'm not sure how long it will last...this I know, that when it's over...its over....Yes , I have regrets. There are things I wish I hadn't done ... Things I should have done, but indeed, there are many things I'm happy to have done. It's all in a lifetime....

So, if you're not in your winter yet...let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly! Don't put things off too long!! Life goes by quickly. So, do what you can today, as you can never be sure whether this is your winter or not!
    You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life..so, live for good today ... And ...
    Say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember...
    And hope that they appreciate and love you, for all the things that you have done for them in all the years past!!

'Life is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
    Make it a fantastic one.'
    LIVE IT WELL!!----ENJOY TODAY!!!!-----DO SOMETHING FUN!!!----
    BE HAPPY!!!----BE THANKFUL!!!!!

lol!

Awesome post Daffyd and should be repeated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am