Seniors Boomer Rumours

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location Map

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Poet's Corner
New Season programming on TV EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm by daffyd

» Wuzfuz and his music
New Season programming on TV EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm by Willows

» The world's Most Beautiful Horse
New Season programming on TV EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm by Glad E Olah

» Loads of Laughs
New Season programming on TV EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm by daffyd

» Gerraway!
New Season programming on TV EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Video Shack
New Season programming on TV EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:18 pm by daffyd

» Pompeii - Eruption of Mt Vesuvius
New Season programming on TV EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm by daffyd

» About Religion.
New Season programming on TV EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm by daffyd

» A Farmer of our time
New Season programming on TV EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm by daffyd

» Our Sun is Beautiful
New Season programming on TV EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm by islandgrl

» Spiced Beverage
New Season programming on TV EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 am by islandgrl

» TEA BAGS
New Season programming on TV EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm by islandgrl

» It's That Time Again
New Season programming on TV EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm by islandgrl

» Thanksgiving Poem
New Season programming on TV EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am by Glad E Olah

» Guevedoces
New Season programming on TV EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm by Glad E Olah

» DESIDERATA
New Season programming on TV EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm by daffyd

» Ruby Shoes
New Season programming on TV EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 am by islandgrl

» Insane
New Season programming on TV EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 am by islandgrl

» Glad's 2015 Garden
New Season programming on TV EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Facts of which you are unaware!
New Season programming on TV EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm by daffyd

» THE BACK NINE!
New Season programming on TV EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm by daffyd

» Daffyd's Disco
New Season programming on TV EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm by Windwalker

» Where Are They Now?
New Season programming on TV EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm by Windwalker

» Ye Olde Photo Shoppe
New Season programming on TV EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm by Windwalker

» Glass Totems
New Season programming on TV EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am by islandgrl

3 posters

New Season programming on TV

Willows
    Willows

New Season programming on TV Empty New Season programming on TV

Post by Willows Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Have you discovered an interesting new program on TV in this new Fall Season?

Tell us all about it!

Beginning this morning ....Anderson Cooper has a new Talk Show at 9 A.M. (Central...I believe) on CBS and on CTV.

There will be more new programming to come in this new season...so let us know about your picks and favorites!

Anonymous

New Season programming on TV Empty The Firm

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:43 am

The Firm is a new (legal drama) TV series, filmed in Toronto apparently, that would be of interest to John Grisham fans. Tom Cruise played the lead part in the 1993 movie of the same name. Here's a brief introduction...

Based on the blockbuster feature film and the best-selling novel of 1991 by world-renowned author Grisham (The Pelican Brief, The Client), "The Firm" continues the story of attorney Mitchell McDeere who, as a young associate, brought down the prestigious Memphis law firm of Bendini, Lambert & Locke, which operated as a front for the Chicago mob. After a difficult decade, McDeere and his family now emerge from isolation to reclaim their lives and their future -- only to find that past dangers are still lurking and new threats are everywhere.
    Anonymous

New Season programming on TV Empty Off Their Rockers

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:51 am

Betty White is the host of this program which appears to be a version of the old Candid Camera show. Might be fun to watch... here's some info:

Ahhh senior citizens: blue-haired, discount card-holding pensioners slowly winding down through their golden years. So sweet, so kind, so... out of control and outrageous?!

In the vein of Jackass and Punk'd, comedic sensation Betty White orchestrates a band of fearless senior citizens as they roam the streets pulling shockingly hilarious pranks on the naive younger generation. Delivering comedy in carefully crafted stunts, the results are jaw-droppingly funny candid moments and priceless reactions captured by cameras hidden in strategic locations. And with a fresh and edgy look, there's nothing old-fashioned about this series.

The original Belgium version is the winner of the International Rose d'Or Best Program Award. Taking the world by storm, this ratings sensation finally arrives in America and proves that no matter how old you are, you should never act your age.
    islandgrl
    islandgrl
    Admin

New Season programming on TV Empty Re: New Season programming on TV

Post by islandgrl Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:17 am

I will have to find time to watch more TV. Sounds like it might be fun. Used to love watching Candid Camera.
    Willows
    Willows

Post by Willows Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:30 pm

I only watch TV in the evening....hmmmm but must admit that I do watch TV while I have my breakfast or brunch during the day.....but after supper.....I find some sewing or mending or crocheting or organizing or something to do while I watch the evening programing.

I've watched a couple of Anderson Cooper's daytime shows (that I PVR'd for the evening) and I've enjoyed his hosting and topics ...especially when he had his mom Gloria Vanderbilt on his show. Very entertaining..I thought! Dr. Phil has also had some interesting topics in his new season. I PVR my daytime shows to watch in the evening, but I'm now in a war with those against our Canadian Football Games as well as the exhibition NHL games, especially now that we have our Winnipeg Jets back in the NFL!!!!! Yikes....I need a 24 hour evening!

P.S.

I've PVR'd Simon Cowell's first X-Factor...but I haven't had time to watch his first show. It will be interesting to see the competition between X-Factor...American Idol...and last year's premier of the singing competition hosted by Carson Daly......and I can't remember the name of it but it became a huge success and I loved it as well!

Anyone watching Survivor?
    I caught the first episode just to become acquinted with the contestants.

So...what about American Pickers..Canadian Pickers....Storage/Junk/Pawn Wars and such?

Anyone interested?
    sunnysideup
    sunnysideup

Post by sunnysideup Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:00 am

Hubby loves American Pickers and Pawn Stars, I don't mind Pawn Stars as they get some interesting finds. I often wonder why some of those people don't try to sell their stuff on e-bay and get more money. If it's the genuine article he still doesn't pay as much as they could get privately.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 am